Landau Design logo

30 Ways to Say Thank You for a Re-Tweet

When somebody retweets (RT) your tweets, the best thing you can do is respond by RT'ing their tweets. But saying thank you in a tweet is also a great way to acknowledge somebody for supporting you.

Some may argue it fills the airways by thanking, but I'm of the opinion that a public thank you acknowledges the individual for doing you a favor. By recognizing them, others will know they are supportive on Twitter, and in turn that may gain them new followers. So a public thank you on Twitter can boost the experience for that individual.

My favorite RT Thank You's
As I've watched conversations on Twitter, I'm struck by some of the great ways people have said thank you. Here are some of my favorite thank you's from people I've re-tweeted:

  • @Mazukins: Thank u my precious friend for the RT - ur awesome!!!! hugs mazey :)
  • @sharynread: Thank u 4 your kindness, blessings 4 your 2010
  • @MartyMisner: Thanks, I am honored and very appreciative!
  • @soulbizradio: Much appreciation for your interactions....have a magical day
  • @techjoomla: We are honoured!
  • @robertbravery: Thanks for the great plug!
The following wasn't a RT thank you, but in reply to a RT thank you. When I read this, it made me smile broadly: @JDEbberly: No prob there, LandauDesign! Love your work! Keep up those tweets - I'll be RT'ing you even more as I ply the Twitter Superhighway. This kind of a thank really epitomizes the reason we all use Twitter, doesn't it?

30 Ways to Say Thank You
I love when I get a special thank you, so I came up with a list of 30 fun ways to thank people for a RT. Please use and enjoy:
  1. I couldn't spread the word without you. Thanks for the RT!
  2. The joy of Twitter is connecting with others. I appreciate your support by sharing what I said!
  3. "The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." [~Oscar Wilde] Thanks for the RT!
  4. It's always flattering when somebody RT's what I said... thanks for putting a smile on my face!
  5. It's good news when somebody RT's me - that means what I'm saying here is actually heard. Thanks for the reassurance!
  6. Sharing the love is what it's about! I appreciate your RT!
  7. ~ The RT wave is how we reach far and wide ~ thank you for helping me spread the word!
  8. "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." Thanks for RT'ing my post!
  9. God gave you a gift of 1,440 minutes today -- thanks for using one to RT my post!
  10. RT's always reassure me that there is somebody listening... thanks for the RT!
  11. "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." [~ William Ward] Thnx for the RT!
  12. Sometimes I wonder if my tweets are like trees -- do people hear them when I post? Thanks for the RT!
  13. My mood went from this to this after I saw your RT. Thanks!
  14. Look here, folks, @coaching2win RT's -- following him would be an opportunity to start a conversation. Thanks for the RT @coaching2win!
  15. I'm all about being a real person on Twitter. Your RT showed me that you care. Thanks for the support!
  16. You're a star to me!  Thanks for the RT!
  17. A tweet + RT = my gratitude. Thanks for the support!
  18. To put it simply, I really appreciate your RT! Thanks for your support.
  19. (for somebody who RT's you a lot): You are my RT angel! I tweet, and you are there to share it with the twitterverse. Are there more where you came from? Thanks!
  20. I needed a RT just about then. Thanks for coming through for me!
  21. I thank you! I thank you! I thank you! ♩ You rock with that RT!
  22. “Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns" [Author Unknown] Thanks for the RT! 
  23. Thank you so much for RT'ing my post. It makes Twitter way more fun for me when I see others sharing my tweets!
  24. It always amazes me how the kindness of strangers is what makes Twitter work. Thanks for lending a hand and RT'ing my post!
  25. A little birdie told me that you RT'd my post. Thanks for the extra chirp!
  26. You made my day with your RT! Thanks for being part of my Twitter family!
  27. ♥ Thanks for the RT luv! ♥
  28. Thanks for being my friend on Twitter! I appreciate your RT! 
  29. You brought a smile to my face after you RT'd my post. Thank you so much!
  30. Your RT brought sunshine to my day. I appreciate the infusion! 
Tell us what you think
What is your favorite way to thank people for a re-tweet? What are some of your favorite thank yous that you have received?

More resources:
Landau Design is a web design and online marketing company. We specializing in helping small business use the web to expand their bottom line. Let Landau Design review your online strategy and help you grow to the next level.

    4 comments:

    Robert Bravery said...

    Quite a brilliant post there Bonnie.
    Not because it mentions me, thanks by the way, but because it brings to home the true meaning of being social.

    When Someone says thank you on Twitter, not a auto response, but a true heart felt thank you, it just lifts the spirit and makes it all worth while.

    So in that vain, this is a thank you to you:

    My Bonnie lies over the ocean
    My Bonnie lies over the sea
    My Bonnie lies over the ocean
    So send over a thank you for me.

    J D Ebberly said...

    Thanks for your kind mention of me on your fine blog! I really enjoy your tweets! I look forward to RT'ing more of your fine works! Have an EXCELLENT day!! :) :) :)

    Bonnie Landau said...

    Thank you for making me laugh, Robert! That was quite fun. And truly, from you, I do lie all the way across the ocean! You really are one of my favorites on Twitter, and I appreciate all your support and input!

    JD, glad to include you. Your tweet really did make me smile. Connecting and sharing really are what Twitter is all about. Glad we found each other!

    Bonnie Landau said...

    I just saw another sweet thank you from @SabineBraun: ♥¸.•*' '*Hug*´`*•.¸ ♥ @AnaCox @makeitagreatday @Love4AllofUs ♥¸.•*' '*Hug*´`*•.¸♥ You've brightened my week with your daily shouts.

    I love it when people use the graphics in their tweets because it really makes them stand out.